Cummins Inc. Unit Repair Technician - 2nd Shift - Hourly in Fridley, Minnesota
Unit Repair Technician - 2nd Shift - Hourly
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Fridley, Minnesota for a Unit Repair Technician – 2ndShift.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
The Unit Repair Technician employs electrical and mechanical knowledge to collect and analyze data; uses blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics to test, operate, and repair gensets; and follows all safety procedures regarding tools and equipment.
- Produces quality work by following defined departmental procedures and/or process documentation
- Collects and analyzes data to monitor status and progress of quality, safety, capacity assurance, total cost, and customer satisfaction
- Makes presentations of EI project findings and recommendations through team meetings
- Communicates directly with customers to identify customer needs and maintains ongoing, direct contact with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Tests, troubleshoots, operates, and repairs gensets requiring extensive electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Orders replacement parts from Cummins or external suppliers as needed
- Determines reasons for systems failures using instrumentation in the large test cells or by obtaining special testing instruments
- Assembles complex electrical/electronic systems using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Works at a task/station with little supervision
- Demonstrates decision making capability to accomplish multiple assigned tasks with some guidance
- Follows correct safety procedures regarding tools, equipment, lifting, guards, protective equipment, etc.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of paralleling systems software, including loading, operating, and modifying
- Possesses good understanding of PC-based operating systems
- Knows which tools to use to repair/test
- Prepares clear and concise technical reports on findings and makes recommendations
- Works and communicates effectively with shop floor teams, service, sales, manufacturing engineers, manufacturing leaders, and quality technicians for commercial and consumer genset production
- Advises engineers, machine operators/technicians, and external suppliers of any issues
- Troubleshoots production problems and works with operators, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, and internal materials personnel to make corrections
- Completes required documentation to record audit completion and resolve any discrepancies
Two-year degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering from college or technical school or related field.
Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude
Proficient knowledge of AC circuits
Ability to use blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics to assemble electrical components
6 months of experience in genset test/repair preferred
Proficient in using Microsoft Office
Ability to troubleshoot using test readings and/or error codes
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience Shift Differential ($0.70.) Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Fridley, Cummins Power Generation
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting Nov 12, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180006YY